عنوان مقاله [English]
Historical, cultural and tourism potentials especially in the central and historical urban areas as centers of attraction, the ability and possibility of dynamism and vitality of the urban fabrics could possibly attract tourists in the form of "cultural tourism". In this context, policy makers should note that regardless of economic profitability and touristic aspect of cultural heritage, it could be the basis of research and educational activities free from advertising, economic and service-oriented point of views. In this situation, tourism can be an important factor for the conservation of cultural heritage that stimulates the revival of local values and cultural patterns that are in the process of being destroyed.
Urmia, as a historic city, has undergone many changes in structure and fabric during different periods of history which has had an effect on urban space. Some of the elements that have had an important role in the evolution of the city should be valued as objects of historical and cultural identity of the city which must be protected against current urban development plans and the results of modernism; more attention must be paid to maintaining the flow of life and prevent their physical and functional degradation. Therefore, this study tries to address the role of cultural tourism in depicting the urban and architectural heritage values and investigates the type of values that must be evaluated and maintained to develop cultural tourism. In addition, this study attempts to determine the appropriate scope and limitation of cultural tourism in Urmia. In this regard, using descriptive method and library study, the issues and concepts related to cultural heritage tourism and the necessity of paying attention to its values are examined. After exploring the different viewpoints in the field of cultural heritage, different values including emotional, cultural-historical, scientific, practical, architectural and urban heritage values are explained. Hence, a specialized team of elite experts and those involved in the field of cultural heritage and tourism was formed to assign numerical values to some heritage sites within the city of Urmia by using the analytical network process (ANP). The inconsistency rate of 0.05 indicates acceptable consistency and accuracy of calculations and the results of prioritization given by the model. Results indicate that the priority values in the three main elements of the structure of Urmia city including Jame-mosque, the historic Bazaar, and Eyalat Square are, in the order mentioned, emotional, cultural-historical, scientific and practical values which also define the limit and axis of cultural tourism. Thus, depicting the values and paying attention to them can be the basis for decisions related to the field of tourism and cultural heritage. Moreover, by prioritizing intervention in cultural tourism projects based on architectural heritage and urban location recognition capabilities, one can make a significant impact on the preservation and restoration of the historical identity of the city. This research has attempted to explain the importance of identifying urban and architecture heritage values. A new categorization of values are provided based on the needs of tourists, service-provider society, the heritage site, prioritization of values proportionate to the hierarchy of values perceived by the tourist, which should be illustrated by the provider society, and a recognition of architectural and urban capabilities. Furthermore, the relationship between the three variables of tourist, the provider society, and heritage sites are presented. It was determined that prioritization and application of present values in heritage sites within cities can have a very effective role in determining the place and boundaries of cultural tourism and conservation of urban and architectural heritage sites.
- Abbaszadeh, M (2012), «The study of the spatial organization and the growth of the historic fabric of the city of Urmia», Articles Collections of the Seminar Conference on the Iranian City a city historical, cultural and religious Urmia, Andisheye soheil؛ Urmia, 559-570. [In Persian]
- Abbaszadeh, M؛ Soltanahmadi, E؛ Mohsen haghighi, N (2013)؛ Assessment examining ways to and exploiting values of Architecture and urbanism Heritage؛ Articles Collections of the Second National Conference Islamic Architecture & Urbanism (From theory to application in the contemporary world)؛ Tabriz Islamic Art University؛ Tabriz؛ 197-217. [In Persian]
- Amin Zadeh, B؛ Dadras, R (2012). « Renewal of culture in the city of Qazvin historical fabric with an emphasis on urban tourism», Journal of Architectural Studies, 2, 99-108. [In Persian]
- Boniface, P. (2008). Managing Quality Cultural Turism. (Translated in to Persian by: Abdullahzadeh . M). 2th Edition. Office of Cultural Research.17. [In Persian]
- Csapó, J. (2012). The role and importance of cultural tourism in modern tourism industry. INTECH Open Access Publisher. 210.
- Edgell, D.L. (2009). Managing Sustainable Tourism: A Legacy for the Future. Jahad Daneshgahi Publication. 35-36, 106, 115-116. [In Persian]
- Fahimi, A؛ Mashhadi, A(2009), « Inherent value and instrumental value in environmental philosophy (philosophical approaches to legal strategies)», Journal of Qom University؛ 11,1, 195-216. [In Persian]
- Feilden,M.B؛ Jokilehto, J (2003), « Evaluation in order to protect», (Translated in to Persian by: Moalemi, B), Haft shahr Journal, 4,17-23. [In Persian]
- Feilden,M.B؛ Jokilehto, J (2007). Management Guidelines for World Cultural Heritage Sites. . (Aded & Translated in to Persian by: Hanachi, P). University of Tehran Press. 22-27, 217-222. [In Persian]
- Goeldner, C, Ritchie J.R. B. (2003). Tourism: Principles, Practices, philosophies. Ninth Edition New York: John Wiley and Sons. 430.
- Habibi. S.M, Maghsoudi, M. (2010). Urban Renovation: International Definitions, Theories, Experiences, Charters & Declarations, Urban Methods and Operations.4th Edition. University of Tehran Press. 151-154. [In Persian]
- Habib, F؛ Hosseini Nia, M (2013), «Analysis the concept of urban culture and its impact on attracting cultural tourism(Several global case studies) », Hoviyate shahr Journal, 14, 5-16. [In Persian]
- Hodjat, M. (2001). Cultural Heritage in Iran: Policies for an Islamic Country. Cultural Heritage Organization Publications (Department of education), Tehran. 95-96, 99, 113-161. [In Persian]
- Kargar, B. (2007). Urban development and tourism in Iran (from concept to approach). Armed Geographical Organization Publication. Tehran. 2. [In Persian]
- Khumalo,T؛ Sebatlelo,P؛ van der Merwe, C. D.(2014)."Who is a heritage tourist?" a comparative study of Constitution Hill and the Hector Pieterson Memorial and Museum. Johannesburg, South Africa, African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, 3, Johannesburg, South Africa. Open Access- Online @ http//:www.ajhtl.com.
- Mason،R. (2002). Assessing Values in conservation planning: Methodological Issues and Choices. Assessing the values of cultural heritage (research report). Edited Marta de la Torre, the Getty Conservation Institute, Los Angeles. 5-30.
- Mehrabi, A(2009), «The role of religious orientation in the Islamic Republic of Iran's national security«, Hsvn Journal, Institute of Islamic Studies, 19, 5-22. [In Persian]
- Rahnama, M.R (2009), « Identification of urban values in Mashhad», Geography and Regional Development,13, 159- 190. [In Persian]
- Rezvani, A.A. (1995). Geography and Tourism. 2th Edition. Payame noor Publication. Tehran.18-20. [In Persian]
- Saei. A, Nayiji. M. (2011). «Sociological analysis of cultural tourism in Iran: The Case of foreign tourists in Isfahan», Journal of Social Sciences, 52, 175-206. [In Persian]
- Smith, A.J. (2000). Communications and Culture. (Translated in to Persian by: Babayi Ahari, M). SAMT. Tehran.18. [In Persian]
- Stevenson, D. (2009). Cities and urban cultures. (Translated in to Persian by: Panahi, R, Pourahmad. A). Center of Study and Research in Planning and Architecture. 125. [In Persian]
- Taghvaei, M؛ Safarabadi, A (2012). «Development of cultural tourism with an emphasis on historical attractions (Case Study: Historical attractions of Isfahan)», Journal of Social prosperity and development Plan, 12, 59-78. [In Persian]
- Talebian, M.H. (2005). The concept of authenticity in the conservation area and World Heritage from Durantash for protection based on the experiences of authenticity. PHD Architecture thesis. Honarhaye Ziba college. University of Tehran.77-78. [In Persian]
-Technical Office Department of preservation and rehabilitation: Research group (2000), Determination of frontage historical monuments criteria (fundamental research Collection of technical office)؛ Cultural Heritage Organization. [In Persian]
- Zebardast, E (2010), « Application of Network Analysis Process (ANP) in urban and regional planning», Honarhaye Ziba Journal؛ 41, 79-90. [In Persian]
- Zebardast, E (2001), « Application of Analytical Hierarchy Process in Urban and Regional Planning», Honarhaye Ziba Journal؛ 10, 13-21. [In Persian]